This is a short summary of what I stand for. If you have suggestions, questions or just want to talk about what is important to you, please contact me
. It is important that your concerns and ideas are heard. As your representative in Washington, D.C., I will be your voice.
- Access to quality medical care is the single largest concern of most Americans. It doesn't matter if you are young or old, what is your race or creed, or whether you live an urban or rural life, you have a right to access quality medical care.
- Our recent and somewhat unprecedented experience with COVID-19 has exposed inherent problems with our health insurance being coupled to employment.
- If you don't have health insurance or are experiencing difficulty acquiring insurance, you should have access to an alternative like the Affordable Care Act and other affordable public options. This campaign supports The Affordable Care Act.
- This campaign supports choice. If you are happy with your current private health insurance, you should be allowed to keep it.
- Pharmaceutical drugs need to be lower priced.
Expand Access To High Speed Internet
- Let's face it: in the year 2020, individuals without access to a quality internet connection have difficult access to education, jobs, and gathering information used to make purchasing decisions.
- Many parts of Wisconsin's 6th district lack reliable, high speed internet access.
- As we move towards a services-based economy, we need infrastructure that supports a services-based economy in the same way that a factory needs roads and railroads to enable physical commerce.
- Each group of 8-10 wind turbines produces one full time job that can not be outsourced.
- 1,000MW of solar energy creates about 220 full time jobs that can not be outsourced.
- Solar and Wind generated electricity does not use or warm any water.
- Solar panels and wind turbines are non-combustive power generation and reduce airborne pollutants.
- Marijuana was legal in the United States until the 1930's.
- This campaign advocates decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level and allowing states to decide whether to sell and regulate marijuana sales.
- Current states' self-deemed legality creates banking and interstate trafficking concerns.
Matt Boor attended a NORML meeting in the winter of 2019, addressing the need for federal marijuana reform. He indicated early on that he would immediately join the federal Cannabis Caucus and champion marijuana reform as an elected official. He mentions marijuana reform in news articles and when addressing the public.
Position on Marijuana Legalization
Adults should be permitted to make their own decisions regarding their responsible use of marijuana. I support legalizing the medical use of marijuana on the federal level.
Position on Marijuana Decriminalization
I support decriminalizing simple possession of marijuana. Once decriminalized, nonviolent marijuana possession convictions should be forgiven/expunged.
Position on Medical Marijuana
Reevaluate The Authorized For Use Of Military Force Act Of 2001
- The United States has been at war for more than 18 years. This is a period of time longer than World War I, World War II, the Civil War, and pre-armistice Korean War - combined.
- The AUMF bill granted the President of the United States the authority to use all "necessary and appropriate force" against those whom he/she determines "planned, authorized, committed or aided" the September 11th attacks. This bill also relieves Congress from the burden of declaring wars and deciding how to pay for those wars.
- Adding a sunset clause to the AUMF would still allow the President executive authority to respond to threats, but would not allow for decades-long conflicts.
Equally Important Are The Issues Of:
- Restoring environmental safe guards abolished by the Trump Administration; public lands should stay public.
- Protecting our ground water
- Supporting Working Farms
- Maintaining quality public education at all levels, pre-school through technical school and college
- Restoring faith in our democratic system of government
- Supporting the Equality Act and the rights of LGBTQ individuals